Friday, August 13, 2010

En Route to CHCH

Greetings from Auckland Airport, where I'm waiting for a delayed flight.  I left home at 06:45, arrived at the airport just on 0800, an hour early, and discovered that I'd left my passport at home! :-(  To add insult to injury the slowly-dying cellphone had another fit, but eventually I got hold of poor Heather who arranged for a friend (thanks, Chris) to drop the wallet off for me.  Not really what she needed just before I went away for 5 days and left her with much more self-care work than usual.  Poverty is having nobody to turn to, eh!

Anywho, turns out you can check in without the wallet so I bagged the bike and had no trouble checking that in.  Then I got the wallet and commenced waiting again.  Plenty of time to look forward to a fun weekend, and getting our butts kicked at the polo comp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Pleased you made it in the end, and didn't miss your plane. Good luck with polo!

--KW 8-)